Garnier Moisture Match | The Monthly Review


Whilst brainstorming ideas for my blog this year, I suddenly had a slight eureka moment..(you know, light bulb and all that!) I realised just how many samples and testers I had sitting at the back of my drawer just screaming to be utilised for once. So to avoid all that going to waste, and also to add a nice new feature to my blog, I thought I'd start a new series where I review one of these products and share it on my blog. I aim to publish these posts monthly, hence the name the Monthly Review. 

So without further ado, I'll get started on this month's product. Ok, ok, January has been and gone but let's take ourselves back two days for the timebeing! The product I trialled out was the Moisture Match Mattifying Light Cream from Garnier which retails at £3.99 for 50ml. It is tailored to suit combination to oily skin types and claims to combat shine due to the in-built 'Aquaforce technology', which essentially entails many super-absorbent micro-spheres to keep any unwanted luminescence at bay. 

Upon applying the cream to my face, it had a somewhat cooling effect and left my skin feeling surprisingly refreshed, despite being lathered in moisturiser. The cream disappeared into the skin without a trace in seconds, leaving behind a non-greasy and smooth texture. Any oily patches were certainly diminished in their shine, but I still wouldn't say my skin appeared matte as such. However, any shine that was left festering on my face was definitely much less noticeable and somehow looked more like a healthy glow than anything else. The consistency is exceptionally lightweight and feels pretty much weightless on the skin yet still provides consistent hydration for several hours. I'd say that if you suffer from subtle shine, this is definitely a good product to keep it on the down low, but for those with oilier skin types, this might not quite do the job. 

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed the first instalment of this new little series! Have you tried this moisturiser before? 

Lucy x 

Comments