My Christmas Day Makeup


Gosh, as if Christmas is just a mere four days away! Every year- pretty much without fail - I always plan out my Christmas makeup routine so that it's good to go for the big day. Call me sad or extremely overorganised but it truly does help conserve time!


My first step in any makeup routine of mine, be it for school or an evening out, is to moisturise. It's a well known fact that makeup can be pretty dehydrating on the skin, so in order to avoid excessive chipping (which makes your foundation flaky as hell!) it's always best to spend just a small handful of time prepping it beforehand. If you've been reading my blog for a while now, you're likely to have predicted that my product of choice for this step is (of course) the Nivea Express Hydration Primer. This works through Hydra IQ  technology, which allows moisture to salvage your skin whist still keeping your makeup prepped and primed throughout the day. 


Next up is foundation. Again, any avid reader of my blog is likely to know that I've been loving the Rimmel Lasting Finish  25 Hour Foundation recently, and I can assure you now that my adoration hasn't altered at all! I won't go into too much detail justifying my love for this as I wrote a full fledged review on it not too long ago. To apply this, I take my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and buff away. Then, to set my base, I take the same brush and swirl it in the Natural Collection Pressed Powder before patting it into the skin to give a more mattified effect. 


To give my dull winter skin a rosy glow, I've recently been loving the Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint in Sunkissed Cherry. I simply dab a small amount along the apples of my cheeks before giving it a good blend with my Real Techniques Contour Brush. Then, to induce a gentle gleam to my cheekbones, I dust a small amount of the Elf Baked Blush in Peachy Cheeky to give an overall more radiant complexion.


For eyes, I'm using the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush to blend the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pink Gold across the entirety of my eyelid to give a wonderfully subtle shimmer. I then take the Soap & Glory Supercat Felt Liner to line my upper lashes, creating a more defined and deepened look. For my waterline, I opt for a regular black kohl such as the Models Own Kohl Pencil to give the illusion of a thicker lower lash line. To top that off, I then whip out my Revlon Lash Potion Mascara to achieve long and luscious lashes. 


If you can't wear red lips on Christmas Day, when can you? To really inject a pop of festivity into my makeup, I'm using the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 01, a gorgeous cherry red which, quite frankly, stands out from the crowd. 

Thank you for reading- do you plan your Christmas makeup too? If so, what are your staple pieces? 

Wishing you a very merry Christmas!

Lucy x 

Comments