My 2014 Beauty Awards


Maybe I'm a bit late to be jumping onto this bandwagon but I thought that, as my first beauty related post of the year, I'd commemorate the beauty products that reigned supreme over my 2014- enjoy!

Best Foundation



I just had to hand this one over to the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Nude Foundation. I think the fact I dubbed it my foundation favourite just weeks after purchasing it pretty much says it all. The formulation is super creamy making it a dream to blend, provides medium coverage (but is very easily buildable) and supposedly stays strong for 25 hours (I say supposedly as I can only vouch for the 12 hours at a time that I have worn it!) 

Best Powder



If you're a consistent reader of my blog, you're likely to have predicted that this is (of course) the Natural Collection Pressed Powder. I have been repeatedly purchasing this for years now and am yet to find a product that tops it on quality and value for money. 

Best Blush



I discovered the Elf Baked Blush in Peachy Cheeky way back in the summer and it has been my staple blush ever since. Not only does it add a gorgeously subtle flush to your cheeks, it also contains a slight shimmer so acts a highlighter to enhance your cheekbones too. 

Best Eyeshadow




Although these were a relatively recent purchase, the Maybelline Color Tattoos have completely won me over in the cream eyeshadow department. Not only are spectacularly shimmery and available in a dazzling array of shades, the formulation makes them easily blendable, buildable and, last but not least, long lasting. 
However, I have to hand it over to the Benefit Goodies A Go-Go Kit for the greatest powder eyeshadows around. I received this as a present from my parents and haven't stopped using it ever since. All four shades have great pigmentation, very little fallout and stay put for hours on end with help from the spectacular Stay Don't Stray Primer. 

Best Eyeliner 



I've really started branching out when it comes to eyeliner. By "branching out" I mean that I've started experimenting with liquid eyeliner instead of sticking to a simple kohl. Whenever I'm in the mood for a bit of a winged cat eye, I always turn to my trusty Soap & Glory Supercat Liquid Eyeliner Pen. This is essentially a felt tip liner, making it ludicrously easy to create perfectly precise peepers!

Best Mascara



By far my favourite mascara of the year is the Revlon Lash Potion. Encased in enchanting packaging, this mascara aids in producing long and luscious lashes, due to the addition of Grow Lucious, a lash enhancing formula which aids in keeping your lashes in top condition. 

Best Lipstick



The Revlon Colorburst in Rosy Nude has been my ultimate "your lips but better" shade this year. With slightly burgundy undertones, this is perfect for adding a wearable pop of colour to your lips.

Thank you for reading- what were your top products of 2014? Let me know in the comments! 

Lucy x 


Comments

  1. is the natural collection powder better than premium brands powder? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really tried any high-end powders so I can't comment on that- sorry! I do think it's a really good value product though! X

      Delete
  2. Soap and Glory's Supercat Liquid Eyeliner Pen sounds like it would be good for beginners! ^ ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is- it really helped me master the technique! X

      Delete

Post a Comment