Fall into Autumn | My Weekend Makeup Routine

During the school week, I seem to shy away from the autumn trends of bold eyes and burgundy lips, but at the weekend I'm far more eager to stretch a little bit out of my comfort zone when it comes to makeup. So, seeing as I haven't done a makeup tutorial in what seems like forever, I thought I'd share with you my weekend makeup look for the autumn season. Enjoy! 



The first step before I smother any products onto my face is to prep the skin. For this, I use the Express Hydration Primer from Nivea (which is featured pretty frequently on this blog) to keep my skin moisturised throughout the day even when it's coated in makeup. I then smear a coat of lipbalm over my lips to ensure that whatever lipstick I'm using doesn't dehydrate them. 



Once my moisturiser is fully absorbed, I then work on base makeup. After picking up the Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation a mere few weeks back, I can honestly say it's one of my favourite foundations to date. It's almost perfectly suited to my skin tone, blends like a dream and lasts up to 25 hours (supposedly, but let's face it, who can bare to wear makeup for that long?!) I work this into my skin using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush which helps distribute foundation all over the face and gives an air-brushed effect to the skin. To set this all in place, I then apply a small amount of the Natural Collection Pressed Powder to keep my skin looking nice and matte. 


Next up is contouring, a step which can either make or break your face. By the time autumn comes along, any tan that I had acquired from the summer sun seems to have faded away so bronzer is an ultimate essential for adding back that healthy glow. To achieve a slightly less pasty look, I dust a small amount of bronzer in the hollows of my cheekbones and across my temples to give the structure of my face slightly more animation. I then insert a pop of colour to my cheeks using the Natural Collection Blush in Pink Cloud, a gorgeous dusty pink which is perfectly suited for a subtle glow. To aid my complexion in looking slightly less dull, I finally apply a small amount of Elf's Baked Blush in Peachy Cheeky to add a slight radiance to my skin. 


When it comes to eye makeup in autumn time, I really try to step out of my comfort zone a little. By this, I mean attempting at a cateye and adding a shimmery shadow to my lids- hardly an outrageous look but something I don't usually wear! I sweep the Helen E Shimmer Eye Powder in 31 (a loose eyeshadow in a sparkling taupe shade) to give them a pretty pigmentation and to help brighten my eyes slightly. I then take the Elf Cream Eyeliner and guide that across my lashline with the Real Tecniques Fine Liner Brush to create a perfection precise line. Afterwards, I apply several coats of Rimmel's Wonder'Full Mascara to create voluptuous volume and definition. Finally, I apply a decent amount of the Models Own Kohl to my waterline to help thicken and define my lower lashes. 


The final step in my makeup routine is lipstick. I've recently been loving three different shades; the No7 Moisture Drench in Pink Crush, which is a gorgeous shimmery fuschia-tone, the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in shade 101, a pigmented but muted nude, and finally Revlon Colorburst in Rosy Nude, a subtle red-toned nude. 

Thank you for reading this post, I hope you enjoyed it! What trends are you loving this autumn? 

Lucy x 

Comments

  1. I've just discovered your blog and I'm impressed. I can't wait to read more posts. Stay in touch! xx

    Alisha-jade.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely selection of products :) The lipsticks are such lovely shades! x


    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment