An Ode to 2014

It's come to that time of the year again. The months have flown by, Christmas is done and dusted and the New Year is fast approaching. To commemorate the year that we'll be bidding farewell to tonight, I thought I'd send it off in style by sharing with you my highlights of the year- enjoy! 


On the 25th February 2014, I welcomed my cosy little home on the internet, holalucyhere, to the world. Since then, my blog has developed slowly and steadily and although I haven't become an overnight sensation, that was never my intention and I have adored creating content that people- much to my surprise- actually enjoy reading. I'm eternally grateful for everyone who follows this blog- I've adored sharing my ideas with you and hope to continue adapting and developing in the upcoming year! Here's to 2015! 



All the way back in March (wow, time really does fly) I attended The Wanted's concert with one of my friends. I must admit, I'm not the biggest fan of theirs (even less so now they've split!) but the atmosphere was incredible and over the course of the evening, I did warm to them. Then, after the concert, we headed round to the back of the venue where we met the band members and took numerous selfies- I definitely won't be forgetting that kiss from Nathan Sykes anytime soon! 

Over the following few months, I enjoyed spending quality time with friends and family, ventured on several shopping trips and continued to develop my blog and its content. 


July brought about a compulsory school trip to Wales which, much to my surprise, was actually pretty fun. I developed stronger bonds with my friends, had a right old laugh and actually learnt a bit about geography (which was the supposed purpose of the trip!) 



Then it was off to the seaside with some good friends and family to spend a week sunbathing, swimming and eating our body weight in fish and chips. 





I had a few weeks of sanctuary before jetting off to Porto where I spent a week with my family visiting tourist attractions, shopping (what holiday is complete without it?!) and exploring the glorious city. Everything was so ornate and unspoiled; if the opportunity ever arises for you to visit Porto, I would hand on heart recommend you doing so- I will certainly be returning! 




It was then time to return to school (boo!) but as soon as half term came around, off we went to Madrid on a "cultural long weekend away". It really enriched my experience of the Spanish lifestyle and language- I am now determined to speak fluent Spanish so that I can live there! 



Fast forward to December 31st 2014 and I've just spent a festive few days up north  celebrating Christmas with my extended family before heading home and venturing out on a day trip to the gloriously rich city that is Oxford. (I also tried salted caramel profiteroles which have to be the greatest food known to humanity!)

Thank you so much for your support this year- I look forward to seeing you in 2015! (Gosh, that feels scary to say!) 
I hope you had a brilliant 2014 and I wish you all the best in the upcoming year!
What was your highlight of the year? Let me know in the comments :)

Lucy x 

Comments