The Ultimate Naked Dupe

Something I've been lusting over ever since its release is Urban Decay's Naked palette. Let's face it, haven't we all?! However, parting with a hefty £37 for a 12 piece eyeshadow set can feel as though you're breaking the bank a little. Or a lot. However, the perfect alternative has been on the horizon for quite some time now and retailing at just £4, the Makeup Revolution Iconic 1 Palette is almost a precise dupe. Complete with 12 dazzling shades with practically identical pigmentation and fomulation, this palette allows you to create similarly gorgeous nude eyes at a purse-amiable price. Intrigued? Then keep on reading...


From the very moment Iconic 1 stormed into the makeup scene, I fell head over heels in love; in love with the colours, the layout and of course, the resemblance to Urban Decay's much renowned (and extremely hyped-up) Naked palette. The colour range is phenomenal with a spectrum of pearlescent pink to a scintillating blue which matches pretty much identically to the notorious Naked. Although the quality of the eyeshadows are slightly more on the chalky side, they still manage to blend like a dream without depositing much residue under the eyes. Again, the lasting power isn't top-notch and the shadows are by no means waterproof, but they still cope with a good 6-8 hours wear before becoming noticeably faded. 


Shade 1- A pretty pearlescent pink, perfect for highlighting. 

Shade 2- A subtle shimmering pink, great for layering over other shades for an added sparkle. 

Shade 3- A matte fawn shade which, if it is a near match to your skin tone, is perfect as a base shadow to help counteract any pesky veins. 

Shade 4- An iredescent taupe which is extremely buildable if a bolder look is desired. 

Shade 5- A slightly darker matte fawn, great for using either as a base of contouring shade. 

Shade 6- A gorgeously glimmering bold gold, perfect for packing on the shimmer. 


Shade 7- A copper-toned gold which is wonderful for adding a pop of glitter to your eyes. 

Shade 8- A deep shimmering taupe, great on its own for a simple sparkle. 

Shade 9- A pastel pink packed with plenty of glimmer, perfect as a subtlety shimmering base shadow. 

Shade 10- Yet another shimmering gold with khaki green undertones. 

Shade 11- A deep charcoal- grey, great for adding definition when crafting a smokey eye. 

Shade 12- A luminous baby blue, wonderful for injecting a pop of colour to your eyelids. 

This palette really is a little gem. And, did I mention it's only £4?! Plus, to make matters even better, Makeup Revolution have also created dupes for Naked 2&3 which I can assure you look just as good! No doubt I'll have stocked up on them all by next month!  

Thank you for reading today's post. I had hoped to include swatches but my camera and lighting were having a major disagreement so it was unfortunately impossible. A quick apology also for not posting last weekend, I had a tonne of work to do and as I was away from home both Saturday and Sunday, trying to incorporate sitting down and writing a blogpost into the mix seemed a little too difficult. I'll make a conscious effort to be much more consistent with my posting though as I hate not sticking to my schedule. Thank you for being patient in the meantime. 

Have you tried any of the Makeup Revolution Iconic palettes yet? If so, what did you think? 

Lucy x 

Comments

  1. This is such a pretty palette, Makeup Revolution can seriously do no wrong!

    Katie xx

    OkayKate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm honestly so in love with it! Makeup Revolution are undoubtedly one of the best budget brands out there! X

      Delete
  2. I've got this palette and i love it! I think the iconic 2 palette is EVEN nicer though! You should definitely try it :)

    I've got a mac lipstick giveaway on my blog if you want to take a look :)

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There literally isn't a shade that I don't love! I think I've had the Iconic 2 on my wishlist for a while now- it's about time I got round to picking it up!!
      Ooh, will make sure to give that a look! :) x

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment