Foundation Favourite | Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hour Nude


I'll just come out and say it: I'm more than a bit picky when it comes to foundation. Take into consideration the fact that I've only ever used one foundation despite being an avid wearer of makeup for several years now and I think that pretty much says it all. So, when I realised my beloved Rimmel Match Perfection reached its last few pumps, it was off straight to Boots to buy another. But whilst browsing for the correct shade, another product caught my eye. It was of course Rimmel's Lasting Finish foundation, a product which is currently circulating the blogosphere at high speed. I'd seen several reviews praising it for its fantastically flawless finish but was still a little apprehensive to step out of my foundation comfort zone (yes, such thing really does exist in my mind!) 

But the apprehension was completely irrational and entirely unnecessary for when I tested the product at home, I quite literally fell head over heels. For a start, this foundation is surprisingly a pretty much perfect match for my skin tone, something which tends to be a major issue for me when in sought of a foundation. Being pretty pale, I struggle to find the right balance between too orange and too white (hence why Match Perfection has been my holy grail for years on end) It has a pretty dense coverage, meaning that it conceals imperfections as well as balancing out any uneven skin tones to produce a neat complexion in one nifty step. Despite this heavy coverage, the formulation helps it blend easily into the skin to help achieve a flawless finish which stays relatively matte throughout the day. Rimmel claim that this foundation should last 25 hours, but let's face it, who on earth keeps their makeup on that long? However, I can vouch that for the 12 hours that I have worn this, I've been really impressed with how long lasting this product truly is. 

Have you tried this foundation? If so, what did you think of it?

Lucy x 

Comments

  1. I really want to try this
    Also I tagged you in the beauty blogger tag
    http://xbeautybybethanyx.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/beauty-blogger-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's undoubtedly one of my favourite foundations, I definitely recommend it! Thank you for the nomination! X

      Delete

Post a Comment