Fall into Autumn | Evening Routine


Despite having been blogging for over half a year now (how time flies!), I recently realised I'm still yet to publish an evening routine post. So as part of my autumn series, I thought I'd share with you my everyday evening routine for weekdays in autumn. Enjoy! 


The first thing I do upon returning from school is remove my makeup. For this I use the micellar water from Garnier, which simply dissolves makeup away without a trace. I wrote a review on this quite a while ago now, expressing my adoration for this product. 

I then pop downstairs and rummage around the kitchen for a snack of some sort. Today I opted for a scattering of strawberries and a few slices of Madeira cake.


After eating my body weight in cake, I head back to my room to get on with a bit of homework/revision. To help ease the tediosity of this, I light a few candles and distribute them around my room in order to lighten the mood a little. 


After I've completed my homework and am feeling full from a hearty dinner, it's shower time. To wash my hair, I've recently been using the Pantene Pro-V Smooth and Sleek shampoo and conditioner, and for shower gel I've been adoring the Really Refreshing Body Wash from Joules. When I'm out the shower, I'll then take time to moisturise using my all-time favourite moisturiser: Soap & Glory's Righteous Butter. Once my skin has been tended to, I then gently towel dry my hair before brushing it out and allowing it to air dry. Whilst my hair is still vaguely damp, I'll rub a generous amount of the L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil into the lengths and ends of it to help keep it nourished. (Side note: although I'm currently using the oil recommended for coloured hair, my hair isn't actually dyed in any shape or form- I ran out of mine so am making use of my sister's for the timebeing!)
 



Once my shower is done and dusted, I head back to my room and start on my skincare routine. My first step is to exfoliate using the Nivea Gentle Exfoliating Scrub and then to follow that up, I soothe my skin slightly with the Nivea Refreshing Facial Wash Gel. Afterwards, I apply a hearty amount of Nivea Rich Regenerating Night Cream to the entirety of my face in order to keep it hydrated over night. (Sorry about the slight yellow tinge to this photo- the lighting went a bit strange..!) 


It's then time to retire to bed. I quickly change into a snug pair of pyjamas and then proceed to watch a few episodes of a TV series (namely pretty little liars) or catch up on any missed youtube videos, before snuggling under the duvet and falling asleep.

Thank you for reading this post; I hope you enjoyed it! 

Lucy x 

Comments

  1. your setup looks so cute! And I love PLL!!


    http://shopaholicoverhere.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment