The 5 Product Face Tag


Can you imagine trying to whittle down an extensive makeup collection to just a mere five products? Well, that was my initial thought when I first started brainstorming this post. How is it possible to choose just one mascara, pick your favourite eyeshadow and decide between lipstick and lipgloss? Pretty impossible, I presumed. But after looking through my makeup drawers for half an hour or so, I was surprisingly positive about the five products I'd picked. 

1. Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 'Ivory'


I've been repurchasing this foundation for what seems like years. Being pretty pale, I find most foundations to have orangey undertones which can be rather unflattering, but this just gives such a natural finish: decent coverage and a radiant glow at an equally radiant price, plus there's a colour to suit almost every skin tone! Therefore, I couldn't help but rocket this right up to the top of my 5 product list. 

2. Avon SuperShock Mascara



Mascara has to be one of my nitty gritty necessities; without it I just look so unflatteringly fatigued. This particular mascara provides your lashes with a voluptuous volume, giving them both dimension and definition. 

3. Helen E Shimmer Eye Powder in '31'



I tend not to wear eyeshadow on an everyday basis, but when I do, it gives my eyes a noticeable uplift. (hence why it's on my 5 product face) On the occasions where I do opt for eyeshadow, I tend to teach for my Helen E Shimmer Pot; a gorgeous coppery shade with all the glitz and glamour you need! 

4. Natural Collection Blush in 'Pink Cloud'


Blusher is yet another anti-fatigue product; adding just a pop of colour to your cheeks can really conceal dull-looking skin. For a more natural everyday look, I'd always opt for my Natural Collection Blush in a gorgeous dusty pink. For such a cheap product, the pigmentation is surprisingly powerful and the staying power equally so. 

5. Revlon Ultimate Suede Lipstick in 'Socialite' 



Despite reading some bad reviews regarding this lipstick, I'm still head over heels with it. The pigmentation is good as could be, the selection of colours is pretty diverse and although it lacks staying power, there's nothing a bit of reapplication won't fix. 

And that's the end of today's post, I hope you enjoyed it! Which products would be on your five product face? 

Lucy x 

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed this post - I'm inspired to do this for myself (it may be a challenge though as I have a pretty big makeup collection!)
    Where is your eyeshadow pot from as I would like to buy it after hearing that you like it! Do you know which shops it is available at?

    - Jess xxx

    Heyitisjess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ever so much, I'm glad you enjoyed the post :) The eyeshadow pot is from a brand called Helen E but I think they only sell online so you'll have to buy on their website (if you google Helen E cosmetics, it should be the first result)
    Thank you once again for your kind comment xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment