Fall into Autumn | Why to Love the Season



Autumn is undoubtedly one of my favourite seasons. The way the leaves transform into a spectrum of auburn, burgundy and crimson before scattering themselves along pavements and paths has always seemed somewhat magical to me. There's something about how the evenings draw in quicker each day and the way the wind rattles the fallen leaves, migrating them over the curb and into the road that is just so wonderful to watch. I'm not sure if it's just me who is always so mesmerised by the transition from summer to winter but without further ado (I'll try not to go off on another tangent regarding autumn leaves) here are my favourite things about autumn. 


1. Hot Chocolate
Of course hot chocolate just had to make it to the top of the list. But honestly, coming home to a steaming mug of hot cocoa is possibly one of the most uplifting things (especially when complete with all the trimmings- whipped cream and marshmallow galore!) 


2. Sweater Weather
Autumn has to be one of my favourite seasons for fashion; I absolutely adore the array of colours people gradually transition into wearing; there's mustard, plum, bottle green and my all time favourite: burgundy. I also love that it's finally acceptable to throw on a jumper whenever it's slightly nippy and not feel at all judged (or too hot!)


3. Candles and Blankets
One of the best things in life (for me, anyway) is snuggling up under a thick, cosy blanket amongst an abundance of candles. There is honestly nothing comfier nor better. 


4. Longer Nights
There's something about it getting dark so much earlier that I just love. It makes being inside feel so cosy, snug and with candles galore to light up the evenings, you barely notice the darkness at all. 


5. Autumn Leaves
I mentioned this in my intro but this list just wouldn't be complete without it. I've always found the transitioning of the leaves from a hearty, healthy emerald to a crispy, crunchy crimson such a spectacular spectacle. 


6. Bonfires
Bonfire Night is one of the highlights of my calendar; the atmosphere emitted from the abundance of people scattered around a crackling flame is just so heartwarming. 

7. The Brisk Breeze
I live for autumn weather; it's just about cold enough to throw on a coat, yet not quite warm enough to get heat rash! Although it often feels as though the chilly particles of the gust are nipping at your nose a little, all in all it's rather soothing. 

8. Christmas is coming! 
Yet another thing that it would be a shame for this list to lack! Possibly the reason I adore autumn so much is because of the approaching of Christmas, my absolute favourite time of the year. 

Thank you for reading this post! I forgot to mention that this is the start of my autumn series (Fall into Autumn) which will be featuring on my blog for the next month, with a diverse assortment of posts including recipes and beauty-related rambles. 

Lucy x 

Comments

  1. I love all of these this too! The blanket one is difficult for me though with my two puppies around who insist on taking it away from me. xx

    Alisha-jade.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment