My Everyday Makeup Routine | Summer 2014

I only just realised that I've never done a blogpost on my actual makeup routine before; it's always just been myself rambling on about products I use in no particular order. So, today I thought I'd share with you my normal makeup routine/look throughout the summertime. 

Step 1: Prep and Prime


There's no point spending masses of time perfecting your make up if it's just going to fade throughout the day, so to ensure that my makeup stays put, I always apply a generous amount of Nivea's Express Hydration Primer. Not only does this secure your makeup in place, it also allows your skin to keep hydrated despite being coated in makeup. 

Step 2: Flawless Foundation


Once the primer has been fully absorbed, I then start on creating a flawless appearance to my face. I normally use the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation to achieve this effect, however it can sometimes become easily dried in the heat and occasionally dehydrates my skin. Therefore, I tend to opt for the fresher feel of a BB cream, such as Nivea's 5 in 1 Beautifying Moisturiser, which gives slightly lighter coverage as well as nourishing your skin due to the built-in moisturiser. When applying either of these products, I always utilise my supersoft Real Techniques Buffing Brush to achieve an airbrushed finish. 

Step 3: Conceal and Camouflage   


Just because it's summer, it doesn't mean that spots don't still lurk! In the case of any blemishes or imperfections immersed in my skin, I grab my Complete Coverage Concealer from Elf to disguise them. The handy-sized palette consists of four tones of creamy concealer, each designed to counteract different coloured blemishes. Although it comes with its own miniscule brush, I tend to use my Real Techniques Detailer Brush to apply the concealer, as the bristles are much finer, making application much easier. 

Step 4: Set and Perfect



I tend not to wear blusher or highlighter during the summertime, as my cheeks often become flushed and shiny in the heat. As a way of minimising this excessive luminosity, I always apply a thorough amount of Natural Collection Compact Powder to my entire face to achieve a more matte effect. Using a powder also helps to set the foundation and any other products that you've used on your face. 

Step 5: Eyes



For my eye makeup, I tend to stick to four main products: mascara, kohl eyeliner, eyeshadow and liquid liner. I've recently been using the High Impact Mascara from Clinique to achieve fluttery lashes, before lining my waterline with a simple black kohl pencil from Models Own. For my eyeshadow, I've been using the Helen E Shimmer Eye Powder in a gorgeous taupe shade (shade 31) which gives a subtle iridescence to the eyes. If wanting to create a more sophisticated look, I will then line my upper lash line with the Supercat Felt-tip Liner from Soap & Glory. 

Step 6: Luscious Lips


The final step in my routine is of course lipstick. I'm currently obsessed with this chubby stick from So Susan which is a gorgeous punchy pink shade, perfect for summer. This has spectacular pigmentation and an even better staying power! 

I hope you enjoyed this post; I changed the style of my pictures slightly- what do you think? Sorry that there wasn't a post yesterday, I was out all day and just didn't have the time. It's unlikely that there will be a post tomorrow as I'm off to visit my grandma for the day, but will make sure to upload on Wednesday and Sunday as usual! 

Lucy x 




Comments

  1. I really love the primer, its so great.
    Lovely post! x
    http://amytalks96.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's such good value for money too! Thank you so much :) x

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the supercat liner!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It's super easy to apply and achieves a really great effect! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment