June Favourites | 2014


I can't even begin to comprehend the rate at which June whizzed by; this year is going scarily speedy. But hey, the end of the month calls for a favourites post, so who can complain there?! 

Skincare Favourites:


My first favourite is obviously Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water, one of the products I have constantly raved about through the course of this month. This nurtures your skin so soothingly, rids it of all impurities and simply just works absolute wonders. (I won't bore you with further details, simply click here to read an extended review)
Two more of my skincare favourites are the wonderful primer and soothing night cream from Nivea, both products I also loved enough to write full-fledged reviews on. The Express Hydration Primer is such a moisturising formula, specially designed to allow your skin to keep as hydrated as possible whilst wearing makeup. The Rich Regenerating Night Cream is a luxuriously thick formula which is packaged rather sophisticatedly in weighty midnight-blue glass.
My final skincare favourite of the month has to be Dove's Summer Glow Moisturising Lotion. As a generally pasty-skinned person, anything other than burning at just a hint of sunlight is almost impossible. Tanning is also a pretty tedious activity in my opinion and as I'm a rather internet-orientated person, being outside for hours on end is hardly my idea of fun. I also tend to find 'proper' fake tanners to be quite drying and often have orangey undertones, so tend to opt for gradual tanners in order to achieve a natural-looking sun-kissed glow.

Hair Favourites: 


My hair favourite this month is a bit of alone ranger as evidently, there is just the one. Dry shampoo has always been an absolute essential for me, as despite the fact that I wash my hair everyday, blonde, thin hair can look greasy extremely easily. Dry shampoo aids is counteracting grease and is therefore an absolute necessity for summer. 

Fragrance Favourites: 


Summer is the perfect time to have a good old spritz of the floral fragrances, and these are just two of my favourites. I recieved Kate Moss' perfume 'Wild Meadow' several years ago but have literally only just started using it. This has a beautifully subtle scent of white florals immersed in fresh green leaves, leaving an impression of tranquility and relaxation. 'Mist You Madly' from Soap & Glory is possibly my all-time favourite scent, with undertones of musky aromas bathed in fruity fragrances. 

Make-up Favourites:


Make-up is of course my guilty pleasure, and this last month I've stocked up on rather a lot. I'm constantly re-purchasing Rimmel's Match Perfection as it is the perfect shade for my skin tone and just blends so beautifully and with complete ease. It is also extremely long-lasting and has an added bonus of spf18, a crucial factor during the warm summer months. Possibly the favourite item I purchased this last month is the Supercat felt-tip liner from Soap & Glory, another product which I did a review of due to my love of it. I'm a huge liquid eyeliner patheticist and this aids application of it astonishingly well. I've also been adoring Rimmel's Natural Bronzer in the shade 021 Sun Light. Again, being pale means a huge struggle in an attempt to look tanned. Just a few swipes of this to help contour and shape make all the difference in achieving a gorgeously sun-kissed effect. And finally, is a little Shimmer Eye Powder from Helen E, a lovely online cosmetics brand. This dainty little pots cost just £5 and are wonderful dupes for MAC paint pots, as they are just as pigmented and come in a similar array of colours. My favourite shade this month has been number 31, which is a beautiful brassy-toned gold, perfect for a natural summer look. 

And that's it for my June favourites; I hope you enjoyed this post. What have your favourites been this past month? 

Lucy x 

(Ps, just to let you know that there won't be a blogpost this upcoming Wednesday as I will be on a school residential; however I'll make sure to create a thorough post for Sunday. Enjoy your week!)

Comments