Holiday Essentials | Skincare

As my final 'holiday essentials' post, I will be discussing my skincare necessities for the summertime. You may well know (if you're a regular reader of my blog) that I've recently been obsessed with Nivea products and have done many-a-post regarding them, so of course several of my skincare saviours are courtesy of them. 

Moisturisers: 


The first three products (surprise, surprise!) are all from Nivea and I'm pretty sure I've done a thorough review on at least two of them. Because the sun is so dehydrating, especially in the height of summer, it is important to stay moisturised in order to prevent flakiness of the skin. Therefore, every morning, I always apply a generous amount of the Daily Essentials Rich Moisturising Cream followed by the Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer, which allows my skin to stay fresh and hydrated despite being caked in sun cream and makeup. Luckily, these moisturisers come with a slight dosage of SPF, but I always apply sun cream as well to ensure that my skin gains optimum protection against the harsh heat. During the evenings, my skin can sometimes feel quite parched, especially if I have been caught by the sun, so I always make sure to utilise the Daily Essentials Rich Regenerating Night Cream after the removal of my makeup, to keep my skin hydrated through the night, and also leaves it feeling replenished in the morning. 

Makeup Removers: 


Although I don't wear an excessive amount of makeup during the summer, I still always make sure to remove it before dozing off after a busy day. For this, I tend to use the Garnier 3-in-1 Purifying Micellar Solution, which I did a review on not too long ago. This is so soothing on the skin, kind to the eyes, and requires no scrubbing or rubbing to remove product from your face. However, the waterproof mascara that I wear in the summer proved rather difficult to remove with this solution, so I invested in Nivea's Double Effective Make-up Remover. This works very similarly but is instead designed more specifically for the removal of eye make-up and is therefore much more reliable at doing the job. 

Exfoliants and Face Washes:


During the summer, skin can become dry very easily, causing it to flake off and leave rough, dehydrated patches scattered around your face. And when combined with sunburn, you've got a rather large problem on your hands. When dealing with flaky or parched skin, I always find that an exfoliant seems to do the trick. Throughout the summertime, I tend to exfoliate every other day using the Nivea Daily Essentials Gentle Exfoliating Scrub, which remove any dead skin and prevent any spots from festering. Every morning and evening, I always apply a generous amount of Nivea's Daily Essentials Refreshing Facial Wash Gel to my face to be rid of any impurities and to freshen my skin at the start or end of the day. Both products contain HydraIQ, which aids your skin in keeping its natural moisture balance at a steady level. 

Skin Treatments:


Each and everyone of us is prone to spotty skin and each and everyone of us deals with this issue in alternative ways. Personally, I always find that a little bit of Clean&Clear's Advantage Spot Treatment Gel always does an excellent job of dramatically decreasing the size of a spot, as well as preventing any unwanted redness. Another wonderful solution is Sudocrem, a product which is spectacularly versatile as well as super-effective. If I have an angry-looking spot, I tend to apply just a dabble of Sudocrem to it and leave it overnight in order to heal it slightly. Sudocrem is also a brilliant treatment to sunburn, as it both soothes and rejuvenates the affected area. 

Body Skincare: 


And last but not least is of course a selection of products for use of your entire body. Being rather pale, I'm always envious of those with gorgeously bronzed bodies, but whenever I've attempted to fake tan, it's always ended up patchy and orange. In order to fake a natural-looking tan, I regularly apply the Summer Glow Nourishing Lotion from Dove to achieve a golden glow. This moisturiser is essentially a gradual tanner, thus making it much easier to produce the exact colour that you desire. However, I can't use this everyday otherwise I would eventually look like a tangerine, so on the days where I'm feeling tanned enough already, I reach for the Soap&Glory Righteous Butter to moisturise and nourish my skin. 

Thank you for reading this post, I hope you enjoyed it! What are your skincare essentials for summer? 

Lucy x 

Comments