Holiday Essentials | Haircare

Following on from yesterday's post on my holiday makeup essentials, today's post is going to be focusing on my haircare necessities. 

Shampoo and Conditioner:


I'm an avid user of V05 as they have such a diverse range of expert products available which nurture your hair to the max. During the summer, I find that my hair can become very parched, either due to salty sea water or from the sheer dehydrating effect of the sun. Therefore, I find the need to use products such as the V05 'give me moisture' range as a wonderful replenishment from dry and untameable hair. Both the shampoo and conditioner also include heat protection to ensure that the moisture you receive from the product is locked in, keeping your hair healthily hydrated. 

Heat Protection: 


Although the shampoo and conditioner I use both contain some form of heat protection, I tend to use extra products when styling my hair with heat, just to guarantee that my hair is as defended as can be. When blow drying my hair, either after a shower or a dip in the pool/sea, I always make sure to spritz some of the Tresemmé Heat Defence Styling Spray before doing so as to keep as much moisture locked in as possible. If I were to straighten my hair, (something which I tend to do less of during the summer) I would be certain to spray some Intense Defence Straightener Spritz from Nicky Clarke into my hair beforehand as a means of protecting my hair against the harsh heat. 
 
Hair Replenishments: 


Although the sun can make your hair dry and limp, it can also make it appear to be excessively shiny and in some cases greasy. On this occasion, I always reach for the dry shampoo in order to make my hair look much more matte and to prevent grease from reforming. My personal favourite dry shampoos are the tropical and blush fragrances from Batiste as the scent is so summery and they provide an instant refresh for the hair. However, dry shampoo can sometimes be rather drying, especially when combined with the sun, so when I need to regain my hairs natural moisture, I tend to massage some L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil into my hair to make it sumptuously smooth. 

Hair Styling: 


Unfortunately for me, I always return from the sea with hair that looks like a piece of bedraggled seaweed, so of course I am extremely envious of those who can depart from the water with mermaid-like waves. However, the got2b Texturizing Salt Spray from Schwarzkopf is the perfect solution to this- simply spritz a generous amount into your hair and scrunch until you achieve an effortless beach-goddess look. I find that my hair also becomes a lot lighter in saltwater but to aid the illuminating effect of the sun and sea on my hair, I regularly use John Freida's Go Blonder Lightening Spray to produce salon-style highlights completely painlessly. My final haircare necessity is simply a mini hairspray from Charles Worthington. Most hairsprays come in rather large and bulky bottles which are difficult to pack unless you want them to take up the entirety of your suitcase. Therefore, I always opt to take luggage-friendly hairspray cans on holiday to avoid decreased packing space (hey, it leaves more room for extra clothes!) 

Thank you for reading this post, I really appreciate it! What are your holiday haircare essentials? 

Lucy x

Comments