Bedroom Decor | Tips & Inspiration

I love my bedroom; for me it's my sanctuary and is where I spend most of my time. For that reason, I try pretty hard to create a pleasant atmosphere within it, and the simplest way to achieve this is- of course- through decoration. I suppose you could say that the theme of my bedroom is somewhat girly (and very pink) but I still strive to include more vintage aspects to it, some of which you will see in this post. 


One of the most noticeable things in my bedroom (especially in the dark) is the string of twinkling fairy lights draped across the wall next to my bed. For me, these just create such an idyllic and relaxing ambience to this area, which I often use as a place of reflection and (obviously) rest.


On my bed, you may have noticed the selection of plush pink cushions perching on the end. The softness of the cushions make this cosy corner an ideal sitting space, either for relaxing or computing (of course!) Because you literally just need a bed and an array of plush pillows to create a similar seated area, this can be produced in all sizes of bedrooms and is far comfier than a rigid chair. 


Looking around my room, I began to notice that a lot of the items in it are actually homemade. For example, the dainty glass pots I use as storage for make up brushes and stationery are simply recycled jam jars with a delicate trim of lace draped around the rim. Simple tricks like these seriously make all the difference, and are a wonderful way of storing things without spending an excessive amount of money (or any at all!) 



The final thing in my bedroom that I'm going to discuss is storage, because believe me, there's a hell of a lot of it! Of course, chests of drawers and wardrobes are the best place to store clothing etc, but sometimes they can look a bit dull. As an enhancement of the vintage theme in my room (and also of my chest of drawers), I attached some old brown tags to the knobs, which each state the clothing items to be found in each drawer. Something as simple as this can really alter the appearance of a basic furniture item and are also pretty useful when you're scouring for your clothes in the morning! And the last piece of storage advice for you is to stack boxes on top of each other; not only does it create an individual and more voluminous  look, it also conserves a lot more space around your room.

Although this post was slightly different to my usual beauty-related ones, I hope you enjoyed it all the same. Thank you for reading! What bedroom decor tips do you have? 

Lucy x

Comments

  1. Love the heart shaped lights on your wall. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment