May Favourites | 2014

It's the first week of June (already) so what better way to welcome in the new month than with a bunch of favourites from the past one?!


My first favourite has been this somewhat revolutionary shampoo and conditioner set from L'oreal. The product claims to reinforce, nourish and strengthen your hair, which it most certainly does! After cleansing my hair with these products, it feels so much silkier and therefore a lot easier to manage too. 



Second of all are these face masks from Superdrug. You may remember these products from my 'Perfect Pamper Night' blog post last week where I raved about how compassionate they are on my sensitive skin! Honestly though, I've used these face masks multiple times now and my skin hasn't flared up in the slightest afterwards (which is pretty revolutionary when your skin is as fussy as mine!)



I've also been loving these cute little sandals from Primark. I had trawled around pretty much every shop in the vicinity before finally lunging into Primark and stumbling across these dainty things!  I noticed that there were a wonderful array of sandal styles available and they're all such great value too. 



I finally got round to reading TFIOS and I am completely and utterly infatuated with it. The storyline is heartbreakingly wonderful and remarkably enticing- I genuinely couldn't put it down! I honestly don't think I have ever been so enamoured with a fictional novel as I am with this. 



The summer scents from Yankee smell absolutely divine and I adore the fresh fragrance of of Garden Sweet Pea and the sugary scent that diffuses through the air when I burn Summer Scoop. I always get through candles so easily and tend to try out different fragrances everytime. However, I'll definitely be repurchasing these lovelies!



This last month I decided to be a little adventurous and ventured out to try a new moisturiser. And boy, am I glad I did! After a recommendation from a friend regarding the Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer, I just had I see what all her hype was about. This product provides two crucial things as it works not only as a moisturiser to nourish your skin, but also as a primer to help your make up stay put throughout the day. 



I also purchased some Real Techniques brushes as my old ones were beginning to become rather bristly. These are possibly the best make up brushes I have ever used as they provide spectacular coverage, as well as being sumptuously soft! I wrote a review on these brushes which you can view right here



Finally are my make up favourites of the month. I've been adoring these Collection Glame Crystals Glitter Eyeliners as they add such a subtle but elegant finish to any form of eye make up. I also purchased a Natural Collection blusher in the shade Pink Cloud. This is such a gorgeous summery colour and adds such a natural looking glow to your cheeks. Another product that I've loved using on my cheeks has been the Water-based Pure Luminizer from So Susan. It is so sheer making it perfect to apply over the top of blusher to highlight and illuminate your cheeks. I've joined in with the current nude lips trend and have regularly been wearing this gorgeous Barry M lip gloss. The colour is well-suited for everyday wear but can also be applied over bolder lip colours to create a glossy finish. My final make up favourite has been the Models Own kohl eye pencil in black. I often struggle to find an eyeliner that lasts all day, however this parody remains intact for several hours before re-application is required. 

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog- remember to follow me on Bloglovin' to be informed of all new posts! What are/were your May favourites? 

Lucy x 

Comments