Battle of the Felt Tip Eyeliners | Soap & Glory's Supercat VS Collection's Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner


I've always been absolutely appalling when it comes to application of liquid eyeliner. The line I create is either too thick, too thin, too squiggly or just rather pathetic to be honest. So, when I spotted  these felt tip liners, I just had to try them out. 



I purchased the Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner first, as at a price of just £2.99, it really would not matter whether it sunk or swam! When applying it for the first time, I noticed a major difference in the ease of application- it was genuinely just like drawing a neat line with a felt tip pen (except your eyelids are your piece of paper!) The line created is almost jet black and the small nib means the ease of precision is second to none. 


After having almost entirely emptied the contents of the Collection eyeliner, I decided to opt for a slightly more deluxe version, this being the Supercat Carbon Black Extreme Eyeliner Pen from Soap & Glory. At £6.00, this is hardly a major blow-out and for such a wonderful product, it is well worth spending the extra few pounds and pennies. This works almost identically to the Collection liner, with a felt tip-like nib which creates superbly smooth and precise lines with minimal effort. It gives a sophisticated matte finish and despite being in the shade 'carbon black', doesn't actually look or feel too harsh on the eyes. Possibly one of the reasons I prefer this eyeliner (aside from its gorgeous packaging, of course) is due to its slightly less pigmented colouration, as it appears slightly less black than the Collection one. 
After once having been a rather huge patheticist when it came to liquid eyeliner, these products have somewhat revolutionised my outlook. I would seriously recommend both of these products for anyone slightly cack-handed when it comes to application of eyeliner, looking for a slightly easier, effortless alternative! 

Thank you for reading this post- I hope you enjoyed it! 

Lucy x 

Comments