Travel Aspirations

One of my most enjoyable pastimes is travelling. For the young person I am, I have embarked on a fair bit of travel during my time. However, there are still some places that I am longing to visit. So, without further ado, here is my 'travel bucket list.'

1. Rio De Janeiro, Brazil 


Rio de Janeiro seems not only to provide the perfect mix between modern life and history, but also has a wide range of excitement just waiting to happen. I have always dreamt about visiting the Rio carnival in the summer months and strolling along the golden sands of the many beaches. Rio de Janeiro is also known for its outrageous nightlife which also excites me rather a lot. However, despite all of these modern features, Rio de Janeiro holds a whole depth of history, after having been founded almost 500 years ago in 1565. The city also has many monumental sites and tourist attractions, including the infamous Christ the Redeemer. 

2. Barcelona, Spain 


As an eager Spanish student, anything to do with Spain interests me rather a lot. Not only are the temperatures in Barcelona super hot, there is plenty there to see and do. One of the main attractions of Barcelona is of course the architectural artwork by the one and only Antonio Gaudi. Gaudis work has never failed to amaze me, but what would be even more spectacular would to be able to experience the grandeur of his buildings in real life instead of just as an average photograph. Barcelona is also home to many other artists such as Picasso, whose artwork is seen in many of the art galleries throughout the city. Another wonderful thing about Barcelona has to be the traditional Spanish food. From tapas to paella, the food on offer never ceases to tantalise the taste buds! 

3. Japan


The bustling culture of Japan has always seemed somewhat out of the ordinary to me and it would be nothing but an honour to be able to experience what life is really like there from a real perspective. I have always viewed Japan to be a country full of prosperity for the future; a key component to both the business and technology ahead of us. However, despite all the industrialism, over 60% of Japan is mountainous and there is plenty more to discover further away from the scramble of the city.

4. China



To me, china just seems beyond spectacular. There's a whole variety of things to do there, ranging from historic monuments to the valleys and mountains. One of my lifetime ambitions is to successfully walk the Great Wall of China, and another is to visit the Forbidden City in Central Beijing. The nature also appeals to me very strongly, especially the giant pandas, the gibbons and the leopards lurking around in the mountain ranges. 

5. Paris, France 



Although I have already paid several visits to this iconic city, something always lures me back there. Whether it's just the sheer beauty of the city or the friendliness and the language of the people, I'm never left reluctant to return. I have previously embarked on many excursions up the Eiffel Tower )despite being terrified of heights!) and have also enjoyed idyllic cruises along the river on sizzling summer days. 

6. Moscow, Russia 



After having studied the Cold War and communist Russia in previous history lessons, I have always been both eager and intrigued to pay a visit to one of the most powerful countries in existence. Russia is home to many cities that I would love to be privilidged enough to travel to, but to me, the most intriguing city there would have to be Moscow. Not only is Moscow the capital of Russia, there is also centuries of history to discover and uncover. There are plenty of elegant churches and cathedrals to visit and the city isn't short of museums if you want to top up your knowledge! 

7. Australia 



The main thing that attracts me to Australia is almost definitely the beaches. (and also the accents!) After watching Australian soaps such as 'Neighbours' and 'Home and Away', I am assured that there are plenty of surfing opportunities and also a rather large amount of attractive men! A visit to the Sydney Opera House is amongst my bucket list as it is just so iconic and an absolutely extraordinary building. Another thing I would love to do is to go snorkelling with all of the exotic sea creatures lurking about in the water! Although the beachside cities in Australia do seem spectacular, I would also be keen to venture out into the bush to be at one with nature and amongst all of the wallabies and koalas! 

8. New York, United States of America



Now, who doesn't love the big apple?! It has always been a huge aspiration of mine to visit one of the most desirable cities in the world. New York is home to a whole variety of subjects including both politics and history, two of the key elements to our everyday lives. New York also has many famous monuments within it such as the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty which are visited by millions of tourists every year. A further attraction to the city has to be the food; the fact that almost everything comes in large portions makes it more than appealing! 

9. Egypt, Africa 



The idillycy of Egypt is what urges me to go there so much. Just the thought of swaying in a hammock beside the gentle waves of the turquoise sea is enough to make me weak at the knees! Strolls along the white sands in the summer sunset also majorly appeal! Since studying the Egyptians all the way back in junior school, I have always wanted to experience the pyramids and the infamous Sphinx for myself. A relaxing cruise along the endless river Nile or a ride across the scorching desert upon a camel would also be a huge highlight! 

10. Namibia, Africa 



Almost the entire reason that I would love to visit Namibia is due to the amazing range of wildlife and safari opportunities available there. I have always dreamt of venturing out on a safari upon the many plains of Africa, and Namibia seems the ideal place to do so.  Not only can you spot animals on a safari tour in the grasslands, you can also endeavour out into the Sahara desert to explore an entirely new range of wildlife! 

I hope you enjoyed finding out about my travel aspirations and I also hope that you can retrieve some inspiration from this.

What's on your travel bucket list? x 

Comments