Elf Cosmetics Beauty Haul

As you may well know, Elf cosmetics had a flash sale on Wednesday night, where all products online were 50% off! So of course, I hopped onto the website and ordered myself a few goodies. I had never tried any products from Elf before, so was both intrigued and excited to give them a go. 


The first items I bought were a pair or Jumbo Lip Gloss Sticks. These are essentially just nicely pigmented chubby sticks, perfect for a subtle glossy shimmer. The darker colour is in the shade Movie Star (which produces a Hollywood scarlet pigment to fit the name!) and the lighter stick is in the shade Pink Umbrellas. 


I also purchased some other lip products, but this time in the form of the Luscious Liquid Lipsticks. I chose the lighter shade of Baby Lips and a slightly more pigmented pink called Strawberry. These are fundamentally lip glosses, just with a better, deeper pigment. 


I decided to try the Zit Zapper from Elf too, as almost all of the product reviews for this were praising it to be phenomenal. I am still yet to try this product for myself though, as I currently do not have any spots (thank god!) to notice the effect!


Another product I was determined to try was the Tone Correcting Concealer. I can never seem to find a concealer that caters for my skin well enough, so am always up for trying any new products. And I'm actually pretty glad I picked this up, as after having worn it throughout the day, my eyes still feel just as hydrated as they did this morning. The concealer also seems to have a somewhat illuminating effect, making your eyes seem instantly brighter. 


I picked up two new mineral lipsticks too, and although both look extremely similar in tone and colour, I promise you are two different shades! The top lipstick is in the shade Nicely Nude and the one below is called Party Pink and are both such natural tones, perfect for the subtlety of everyday wear. 


I also bought another pair of lipsticks but this time from the Studio range. These claim to be ultra hydrating with a velvety texture, however I am yet to verify the accuracy of this affirmation. The shades I decided on after much debate were Pink Minx (the slightly more punchy shade) and Party in the Buff (the more neutral nude shade, really similar to MAC's Creme D' Nude). One of my only initial complaints is that the lipsticks do smell somewhat plasticky, so that could be something for the company to work on. 


An additional purchase from the Studio collection is the tinted moisturiser. My justification for purchasing this was as an alternative to foundation, as in the summer months it's feels so much fresher to have just a light layer of product on your skin. I purchased the lightest shade possible (Porcelain) but still find that it is perhaps a little too orangey for my complexion. However, once blended fully, it achieves a radiant and natural glow. 



I had been eyeing up the Complete Coverage Concealer Kit for what seems like forever, so upon seeing that it was half price, I jumped at the chance of a cheeky purchase! I chose the kit in the lightest shade, consisting of four concealers, each with a slightly different tone in order to camouflage numerous skin imperfections. The texture of the concealer isn't overly creamy, making it hard for smooth application under the delicate eye area. However, it is perfect for concealing any stand-out spots or blemishes. 



Another product I had been lusting over for quite some time was the black Cream Eyeliner. This is renowned as being a dupe for MAC's Fluidline at just a fraction of the price! I tend to struggle with the application of eyeliners, however this is made easy thanks to the miniscule brush that's provided with the eyeliner. Although the brush is rather small, after a little bit of practice the precision that it helps to produce is evident!


My final purchase is possibly one of the most raved about products from Elf- the Baked Blush in the shade Peachy Cheeky. This shade is a combination of pink and orange tones fusioned with a golden highlighter, essentially making this a 2-in-1 product. 

Thank you for reading my post- I hope you enjoyed. I do believe that Elf have extended their flash sale to last the duration of this weekend, so if you do feel tempted to purchase a few bits and bobs, now's the time! 

Lucy x 

Comments