The Hair Necessities


Although makeup and skincare are subjects that emerge pretty frequently on this blog, something I rarely discuss is haircare, which is pretty odd considering I spend a pretty hefty (and potentially excessive) amount of time nurturing and styling it. So to mix things up a little, I thought I'd share with you my 'hair necessities'- enjoy! 

The Detangler 



Possibly my most trustworthy hair product has to be the Salon Elite Tangle Teezer in Sweet Lilac. Not only is it a wonderfully dainty pastel purple, it also works wonders at teasing out any nasty knots without pulling half of your hair out with it (which, let's face it, can be a pretty hard quality to find in most hairbrushes!) My fine hair accumulates knots like there's no tomorrow but this never fails to ease them out with little fuss and nonsense! At £13.00 a pop, these are perhaps a little on the pricey side as hairbrushes go, but once you've become a Tangle Teezer convert you'll never regret doing so! 

The Refresher


Another hair dilemma of mine is shine. Although I wash my hair on a daily basis, it has a tendency to appear annoyingly greasy within hours, which can become a real irratation. But this is where my trusty Batiste Dry Shampoo in Floral & Flirty Blush comes into the equation. Just a spritz or two of this miracle-worker will immediately transform a greasy-looking mat of hair into mattifyed, yet luscious, locks. Not only does it eliminate all signs of grease, it can also be used to add volume to the hair for bouncy blow-dried brilliance. Need any more reasons to try this out? Surely not, but just in case here's one more- this costs a measly £2.99! If you haven't already, I thoroughly recommend trying this out! 

The Sleek-inducing Oil 



The L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil is potentially one of my favourite haircare discoveries to date. Although I was initially scared that adding an oil-based product to my hair would merely increase any appearance of grease, this actually made my hair sumptuously smooth without leaving any trace of a greasy residue. I tend to use this on towel-dried hair around 3 times a week to help replenish and rejuvenate my locks. However, this can also be used on dry hair for an immediate pick-me-up, although I must warn that a little really does go a long way with this, so try not to overdose on its usage too much! Retailing at just £9.99 for 100ml, this is exceptionally good value and works wonders at taming frizz, grease and maintaining a healthy head of hair. 

The Tousler



Although my natural hair is pretty much dead-straight (sigh), a style I've recently been adoring is slightly more tousled locks. To achieve this tousled texture, I simply spritz a couple of sprays of the Schwarzkopf got2b Beach Matt Texturizing Salt Spray onto damp hair before scrunching it with my fingers. I then allow it to air-dry and am left with beachy waves, a look that's always popular during the summer season! And at just £4.07 a bottle, this makes creating tousled locks cheap as chips! 

The Repairer 



Sometimes I get stuck in a bit of a hair rut, where my hair just feels limp and lacking any trace of volume to amplify its appearance. Whenever my hair starts to become considerably damaged in its appearance, I always reach for my saviour aka the St Ives Swiss Formula Hair Repair Revive and Shine. This is essentially a deep-conditioning leave-in treatment that helps to restore your hair  back to its original glossy state. It also helps to combat frizz and tame your mane into silky smooth locks. I think I've had this product for far too long, so unfortunately nowhere seems to stock it anymore (*insert sad face*) Best get searching for a new hair serum for when this runs out then- any recommendations?! 

The Firefighter 



Heat protectants are an absolute must when it comes to maintaining healthy hair. Although I barely ever get round to straightening my hair these days, each and everytime I do I always ensure that I've sprayed a generous amount of the Mark Hill Turn Up The Heat Extreme Heat Protection Spray and massaged it into the lengths of my hair before letting loose with the straighteners! I always find that using this beforehand not only makes the straighteners glide through my hair with much more ease, but also creates a sleeker and glossier finish.

The Caring Conditioner



I picked up the Dove Hair Colour Radiance Leave-In Conditioning & Care Spray on a whim in Boots a few weeks back and have been absolutely adoring it. At £3.59 a bottle, I wasn't expecting this to be a miracle-worker, but was pleasantly surprise at just how much this improved the condition of my hair. If you're not familiar with the concept of this product, it is essentially a leave-in conditioning spray that can be used either on towel-dried hair after a wash or as a burst of hydration inbetween washes. It is ultra-nourishing and rejuvenates your hair into a sleeker, silkier style. I'll definitely be repurchasing this again! 

The Dazzling Daily Duo 




For my everyday hair wash, I've been reliant on the L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner to replenish my hair on a daily basis. Not only do these products induce a silkier feel to the hair, they're also infused with tiny glittery particles to add an essence of shine to your locks. These are potentially my favourite shampoo and conditioner to date, hence why I've been using them so persistently! (I must be on at least my fourth bottle by now!) And, at £3.99 a bottle, these are so affordable! 

The Trusty Hair Wrap 



My final 'hair necessity' is the Soap & Glory Hair Turban. Unlike other hair towels I've used (*cough* Primark *cough*) this actually absorbs any excess water from the hair, thus speeding up the drying process. Although it is slightly on the pricey side for a hair wrap (in comparison to Primark anyway) at £7.50, this does the job with ease and makes towel-drying your hair seem like a chore! If you're considering picking a hair towel up, I'd definitely recommend giving this a try! 

So that's it for today's post- I hope that you enjoyed it! Thank you ever so much for reading (if you actually got this far- I'm aware that it was a pretty lengthy post...whoops!) Remember that I'm blogging everyday this week so tune in tomorrow for my next post! 

What are your hair necessities? 

Lucy x

Comments