Benefit Roller Lash Mascara | Review


Ah, Benefit. The brand of every beauty blogger's dreams. With its miracle inducing products packaged up in cute boxes and dubbed quirky names, Benefit has really taken the beauty world by storm in the last few years. Whilst that is all good and well, with Benefit being a high end beauty brand, some of their products can be a little on the pricey side, especially for those with teeny student budgets! I've always been someone who is particularly (and probably excessively) cautious about my money and how I spend it, and so most Benefit products have always been a little bit out of my price range. So, when I spotted pictures of a £4 Elle magazine laiden with the brand new Benefit Roller Lash Mascara sprawled over Instagram and Twitter, immediately I was sold. I spent the next few days on a quest for Elle, yet all of the shops had been completely sold of their stock. I gave up hope of ever finding it (considering that the last 10 shops I had visited were utterly drained of Elle magazine) and carried on without it. However, one friday I stumbled across one in a WHSmith store on an absolute whim and without thinking, snapped up the last remaining one. Finally! 



As soon as I arrived home, I was eager to try the mascara out. And before you ask, yes, it exceeded every expectation I had of it. The brush, whilst reasonably small, has a defined curve topped with an abundance of strong bristles to hook each individual lash and ease them into a coiffed curl. Although this twines the lashes into place, the mascara's intelligent formula does the work from from here on out. Infused with a 12 hour setting powder to keep your lashes firmly curved and a jet black pigmentation to attract all eyes to your lashes, Benefit have done a superb job. My one complaint with the formula, however, is that although it is sublimely easy to remove, this means that it can also be easily smudged and I have occasionally ended up with a minor case of panda eyes when stranded in the rain! 

However, all in all, Benefit truly have exceeded themselves (and my expectations) with this product. Length, curl and volume were once three tricky qualities to encounter in most mascaras, but not anymore. With the help of this miracle-worker, my lashes look fabulously full, lusciously lengthened and are topped off with a curl that stays curvy all day long! 

Thank you for reading this post- I hope you enjoyed it! 

Have you tried Roller Lash yet? If so, what did you think?

Lucy x 

(PS: Remember that I'll be posting everyday this week so stay tuned for more in the next few days! Thank you!) 

Comments