My 2015 Lust List


A new year calls for new purchases, and 2015 is no exception. Being on the blogosphere for a large percentage of my time means that I'm constantly exposed to an infinite range of beautiful products, and numerous raving reviews on them only heighten my craving to purchase them! So to keep the cravings at bay, I've conjured up my lust list for 2015. Many of these products are high end and have pretty steep prices so the likelihood of me purchasing them all is slim (unless I want to break my bank account!) But hey, a girl can dream! 

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette, £22


I've wanted to get my mitts on a Naked palette for what feels like a lifetime but could never quite justify parting with almost £40 for an eyeshadow palette. Call me stingy but it's a bit of a stretch for the teenage budget. However, Naked Basics appears to be the perfect alternative. Retailing at just £22, this gorgeous specimen offers six matte neutrals which are just perfect for creating simplistic everyday looks. Seeing as I never really have the occasion to wear sparkly or outlandish eyeshadows, these matte nudes seem like the perfect products for accentuating my eyes in a much more wearable fashion. 

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, £15.50


One of the most raved about skincare products floating around in the blogosphere is hands down Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish. In fact, I'm pretty sure every blog I've read has featured this at least once. I never really understood the concept of hot cloth cleansers but now I do, I'm eager to try one out. And at £15.50 a pop, this might just be the one to spend my Christmas cash on! Okay, so maybe £15.50 is a little on the pricey side for a cleanser... I'll keep my eyes peeled for a dupe until I can stump up the cash and ditch the stingy sector of my brain! 


NARS Highlighting Blush Powder
in Albatross, £22.50


Ah, Nars. The brand of every girl's dreams. With their sleek signature packaging and stunning selection of products, I'm pretty sure every makeup fanatic is head over heels in love. And I am no exception. I'm yet to try any products from Nars but am eager to do so and this highlighting powder looks like a good place to start. Nars are notorious for their wonderfully pigmented and extensive array of blushes, all with slightly euphemised names. In comparison to some of those, 'Albatross' seems rather innocent. 'Albatross' is essentially a gold-toned powder highlighter which blends seamlessly to produce a luminous shimmer with all the longevity and pigmentation you could possibly wish for. The minute asos have their 20% off student event, this will be heading straight into my shopping basket!

NARS Velvet Lip Liner, £18


Another Nars product... I suppose you could say I'm slightly obsessed. I've been wanting to invest in a lip liner for ages (*cough* Kylie Jenner wannabee *cough*) but have never quite seemed to find one that tickles my fancy enough for me to make a splurge. However, the Nars Velvet Lip Liner has nothing but riveting reviews and  a substantial selection of shades to take your pick from. Whilst £18 is pretty steep for such a small product, judging from the reviews I've read, it's certainly worth splurge! 


MAC Lipstick, £15.50


This just wouldn't be a lust list without mac, aka the brand of my (and pretty much every other blogger's) fantasies. And a mac lipstick has been perched at the very top of my lust list for a pretty long time now. However, due to my indecisiveness and inability to make important decisions (such as choice of lipstick shade), I've never quite managed to come to a decision of which of the many lipsticks to purchase. Of course, if I could, I would simply snap them all up, but at £15.50 a piece and with literally hundreds of shades to choose from, this would accumulate to a pretty hefty price. So with that beared in mind, maybe 2015 will finally be the year that I get my act together and finally pick one! Fingers crossed! But in case I'm still as indecisive as ever, do you have any recommendations?

Zoeva Rose Golden Luxury Set, £55


I can't think of anyone who hasn't fallen head of heels in lust with these beauties. I mean, they have rose gold detailing- what's not to love?! Zoeva is currently one of the most prestigious brush brands around, with every beauty blogger and their cat raving about their legendary brushes. Okay, £55 for some brushes is a pretty big spend but divide that by eight and it works out at just under £7 a brush which is actually pretty reasonable considering the brushes retail at around £10 each individually. With a quality favoured by many-a celebrity makeup artist, these brushes apply makeup seamlessly and have an extensive array of utilisations. And can I just reiterate that they have rose gold detailing?! These beauties may or may not have just made their way onto my Christmas list... I have no shame!

NARS Copacabana Illuminator, £22.50


Surprise, surprise, another Nars product! There really is a trend forming here. I think I'm slightly highlighter obsessed too. Ever since my So Susan Luminizer broke and dried to a crisp at the back of my drawer, I feel as though there's a vacancy in my makeup collection desperate to be completed by a highlighting product. And ever since seeing this featured on velvetgh0st's youtube channel, I've been yearning to give it a whirl myself. From the looks of it, this is a dainty champagne pink shade complete with glitter galore for that perfect luminosity. And I can't wait to get my mitts on it! 

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Liquid Foundation, £26.50


Benefit is one of those brands where I just want to purchase every single product. Maybe it's the ditsy packaging or the witty names but these products are constantly squeezing themselves into my wish lists. The Hello Flawless Foundation was a new release all the way back in 2014 and since then has stormed its way through the blogosphere, accumulating many a raving review along its way. From what I've heard, this has a light to medium coverage which, with the helpful addition of SPF25, is perfect for everyday wear to keep your skin looking fab but also ensuring that it is protected from harmful UV rays. This appears to be the perfect all-rounder and I'm looking forward to trying it out in the near future!

YSL Lipstick, £25


Sigh... Ysl sell quite possibly the most beautiful lipsticks I have ever seen in the entirety of my life. At £25 a pop, they're certainly not the cheapest on the market, but they come in such beautiful gold packaging that it really is hard to resist. In fact, my self resistance is slowly crumbling as I write this post. Ysl are one of the most prestigious high-end beauty brands of the present day and are constantly featured on the faces of people all around the world. They stock an spectacular array of products with equally spectacular quality accompanying each and everyone. And their lipsticks are no anomaly. In fact, they're probably some of the most raved about products circulating the blogosphere, and I'm extremely eager to add one to my collection! 

Benefit World Famous Neutrals, £23.50


Ever since receiving Benefit's Goodies-a-go-go eyeshadow kit for Christmas, I've been eager to get my hands on another one of their gorgeous sets. And their World Famous Neutrals seems a great place to start. I'm definitely a nude eyeshadow person, as I tend to find that brighter colours can often look a bit mismatched with my pale skin tone. This set comes kitted out with two creaseless cream eyeshadows in 'birthday suit' and 'my two cents' and four longwear powder shadows in 'call my bluff', 'kiss me I'm tipsy', 'it's complicated' and 'gilt-y pleasure', making it spectacular value at just £23.50. I can certainly vouch for the fact that Benefit's eyeshadows are extremely pigmented and long-lasting and would really love to pick some more up in the not too distant future! 

Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Perfectly Nude Foundation, £28


Elizabeth Earle is just such a sleek and sophisticated brand. All of their products are packaged up to the nines and the quality is supposedly superb. I've seen the Flawless Finish Perfectly Nude Foundation mentioned and raved about by many beauty bloggers and am now eager to give it a whirl myself. Yes £28 for a foundation is a pretty hefty pricetag (this will have to be a very special treat!) but the standard of this product would be well worth the splurge. Awarding you with a flawless coverage and a naturally radiant and dewy finish, this really is the foundation if my dreams. I might have to wait until a sale until I can actually afford it though! 

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, £22


Yet another bloggers' favourite. And quite rightly so. I've seen a mixture of reviews regarding this product but the general consensus is that it really is rather fabulous. Creamy in texture and appearance, the Radiant Creamy Concealer camouflages all your imperfections in one swift sweep. The longevity is apparently amazing whilst still avoiding the dreaded under-eye concealer crinkling. This will be making its way straight into my basket the minute asos have their next 20% off event (fingers crossed it's soon!)

So, we've finally reached the end of my wishlist. Major props to you if you've read this far. Coming in at £297 for the lot, it's safe to say that most of these products won't be making their way into my makeup collection anytime soon (unless I win the lottery or miraculously become a billionaire overnight!) But like I said, a girl can dream, can't she?!

What's on your lust list this year?

Lucy x 

Comments

  1. The Zoeva brushes are on my list too!! I think that it will be my next purchase. I really like your post! Come follow me if you want xx https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anne-14073927

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment