Recent Beauty Buys


Oh, the joys of sale shopping. I don't know what it is, but everytime I see a product with 50% off, I have a compulsive desire to add it (and everything similar to it) to my basket. Maybe I'm just a shopaholic. Or a saleaholic, as I'm just so stingy when it comes to paying for things for full price. Why splash out on something straight away when you can hold on for a couple of months and get it at a fraction of the price?! Okay, I admit it does take a lot of self restraint to manage that, something I just haven't quite mastered yet... Anyway, let's conclude this tedious intro (that somehow went off on some major tangent!) and get sharing my latest beauty buys! 

Topshop Grunge Stick in 'Unkempt', £1 (RRP £7)


Whilst browsing through the Topshop sales, I spotted this gorgeous carbon black eyeliner encrusted with glitter galore. Immediately, after seeing that it was reduced to a mere £1 (yes, £1!) it was added straight to my shopping basket and there was no going back. I only received my Topshop package yesterday so haven't quite had the time to create a full-fledged makeup look with this, but having swatched it on the back of my hand, I'm really impressed by the pigmentation of this and can't wait to attempt a glittery smokey eye as soon as I get the chance! 

Topshop Lip and Cream Blush Set in 'Wicked' and 'Head Over Heels', £6 (RRP £12) 


The Topshop sales were by far some of the best that I've encountered this year. And this little Lip and Cream Blush Set is one of the best bargains I've picked up by miles. Consisting of a Topshop lipstick and a cream blush, at just £6 a piece, this was an absolute steal, and I'm now regretting not snapping up anymore whilst they were still in stock! I've been dreaming of purchasing a Topshop lipstick for a lifetime but was always far too indecisive to choose a shade. However, 'Wicked' is an absolutely gorgeous deep berry which gives fantastically rich pigmentation without dehydrating your lips. I can't wait to create some dramatic looks using this statement piece! I must admit that I'm not really one for blusher, as being naturally flushed in the cheeks anyway it's never really been a necessity. Saying that, all might change with the new addition to my makeup collection: the Topshop cream blush in Head Over Heels. This is a beautiful peachy pink shade with a divinely creamy texture that blends like a dream. Who knows, I may just be becoming a blush fanatic thanks to this!

Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint in 'Sunkissed Cherry', £4.49


I actually picked this up all the way back in December when browsing the Rimmel stands at the Clothes Show but have really been enjoying using it. The consistency is surprisingly lightweight and blends into the cheeks with ease and without caking up any base makeup. What I love about this as that it is a so versatile; you can keep it subtle during the day or build it up to more opaque look during the evening. And for just £4.49, you really can't go wrong! 

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 'Vintage Pink', £6.49


This has been my go-to lipstick ever since my purchasing of it. It's definitely something slightly different for me but surprisingly, the lavender hues really do complement my pale skin tone. The consistency of the lipstick itself is creamy and aids your lips in keeping hydrating throughout its wear. The only downside to this is that its lasting power isn't quite as powerful as what I would have expected, but there's nothing a little top-up every now and again can't fix. 

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in '100 Ivory', £6.99


As my former bottle of the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation neared its last few pumps, I really was considering stretching out of my comfort zone and trying out a new foundation. But, at £6.99, I don't really think anything can quite top this on value for money. Providing your skin with light to medium coverage, this is the perfect everyday foundation to cover up any redness and diminish the appearance of any imperfections. However, this is quite buildable and adding an extra layer or two will give your skin heavier coverage (if needs be) without making your face look caked in product. For the perfect all-rounder, I would definitely recommend this and will be repurchasing it until it's removed from the shelves (which hopefully it never will be because it's just too much of a gem to lose!)

Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser, £4.50


I made a promise to myself at the start of the year that 2015 would be the year I kickstarted a rejuvenating skincare routine. Yet somehow, we're now halfway through January and I haven't even made an attempt at altering my regime. I still haven't quite found what works efficiently and effectively on my overly sensitive skin, and am still in the process of trialling out all sorts of products. As one to try, I recently picked up this little number from Simple. I've never really used Simple products after hearing several of my friends complaining about nasty breakouts due to some of the ingredients, but I'd read some reviews praising this. I'm yet to try this on my actual face, but after working a bit into the back of my hand earlier today, I was impressed by how lightweight it felt on the skin. I'll make sure to keep you updated on how I get on with it in the long term, but so far so good! 

L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner, £1.99 each (RRP £2.89)


It's official. I think I've finally found my haircare saviour. After searching high and low to find the product to restore my hair back to smooth and silky tresses, it's finally been tracked down and stacked on my shelves for an eternity. It's no secret that I've always been a fan of the L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil, so when I spotted these new releases propped up on the shelf in Boots, my self restraint was out of the window. Into my basket was the shampoo and the conditioner, and off I headed to the tills. After the first time of trying these (yes, the first time!), my hair felt significantly silkier and much more manageable. Alas, my hair now feels nurtured and nourished. Big props to L'Oreal for creating such a divine product- you are officially my haircare saviour! 

Mark Hill Heat Protection Spray, £3.99 (RRP £5.99) 


As part of my hair restoration routine, I soon realised that I desperately needed something to protect my hair from the heat if I was going to be straightening my hair on a daily basis. Just a few spritzes of this will give your hair complete and total refuge from the swelter of any heated appliance up to 235 degrees! I don't know how it works but it really does! 

Batiste Coconut & Exotic Dry Shampoo, £4.99


I've been a Batiste fanatic since first spritz and am consistently reliant on it to keep my hair in tip-top condition. Just a quick spray leaves your hair feeling refreshed and reenergised without leaving a powdery residue afterwards and is the perfect product for a quick replenish on a lazy day. And not to mention the scent; coconut and fruity auras are the perfect bouquet to linger in your hair! I will be repurchasing this for a lifetime. 

Props to you if you've made it this far! If so, thank you ever so much for reading- I really appreciate it! Have you tried any of these products? What did you think g them? 

Lucy x 

Comments