Fall into Autumn | What's in my Makeup Bag?

It feels like decades since I've given you a guided tour around my makeup bag, so what better way to end my autumn series than to give you an overview of the array of products that have earnt a place in my makeup stash. 
 


Let's start with the bag itself. If you read my haul post a couple of weeks ago, you're likely to have seen this pop up then. This adorable makeup pouch is dotted with indescribably cute pastel macaroons and polka dots- what more could a girl possibly want?! It's the perfect size for storing a pretty large makeup stash, making it the perfect travel kit. And at just £4 (Primark are simply the best) I just couldn't resist picking up two...oops! 



First up are my trusty Core Collection brushes from Real Techniques. Let's face it, who hasn't heard of these?! The set consists of four brushes, all of equally good quality and use and are an essential addition to the makeup collection of countless bloggers. If you want to find out more about the specifics of this collection, click here to read my review. 



We then have my eyeshadow brushes which, again, are from the trusty brand that is Real Techniques. Each brush has been specially designed to suit its purpose and they all work wonders at creating detailed and precise eye makeup looks. 



If you're an avid reader of my blog, you're likely to have seen this product pop up in several of my recent posts. It is, of course, the Lippy Kit Four from Ted Baker. This gorgeously packaged palette consists of four autumnal burgundy shades, complete with a clear white top coat to keep them set in place. The pigmentation is powerfully poignant and I could honestly not recommend this enough! 



The only other palette that has earnt a place in my makeup bag this autumn is the Complete Coverage Concealer from Elf. I bought this in the lightest shade and am extremely impressed with how well-suited these are to my skin tone. For such a low price, the quality of this product is surprisingly good; the texture is creamy and blends like a dream. The coverage is also top notch, concealing any insecurities with no fuss and nonsense. 



I currently have two foundations sitting in my makeup bag, both of which are (unsurprisingly) from Rimmel. Their Lasting Finish Foundation is actually a rather new addition to my makeup collection but I warmed to it so quickly that it was plonked in my makeup bag straight away. This has a pretty strong coverage and is very easily buffed into the skin, leaving it looking (and feeling) flawless. Rimmel's Match Perfection Foundation has been my holy-grail foundation for quite some time now and I don't see that changing anytime soon. This has a much lighter coverage than the Lasting Finish so is my go-to product for those days when I desire a slightly more natural and glowy-looking complexion. 



To set all of my base makeup in place, I'm entirely reliant on the Natural Collection Pressed Powder to keep it put all day through. This is a super cheap alternative to similar products, such as Maybelline's Fit Me and Rimmel's Match Perfection Powder, at just a fraction of the price. 



Two mascaras have also set up residence in my makeup bag in recent weeks. The first is Revlon's Lash Potion, a product that I bought some time ago but never actually got round to using. I must admit that some of the reviews of this are pretty negative but I'm personally head over heels with it. It really amplifies my lashes, giving them both acceleration and volume, which for someone with blonde (and occasionally invisible-looking) lashes is a dream come true. Another newcomer to my makeup loves is the Wonder'Full Mascara from Rimmel London. Similarly to Revlon's Lash Potion, the formulation of this helps to amplify your lashes and give them a boost into visibility, which is a pretty big achievement when your natural lashes are as unnoticeable as mine! 


Eyeliner wise, I tend to opt for either brown or black. Boring, I know, but bright oops of colour are a little bit out of my comfort zone. If I feel like a slightly more natural looking eye but still want a bit of definition, I reach for my Soft Kohl Eye Pencil from Rimmel to create a precise line. For those days when I desire a bolder look, I tend to define my waterline using a simple black kohl liner from Models Own. 



Cheeks wise, I have three necessities situated amongst the contents of my makeup bag. First up is my beloved Natural Collection Blush in the shade Pink Cloud, which is a gorgeous dusty pink, perfect for inserting a subtle flush to your cheeks in a swift sweep. I don't contour on a daily basis but on the occasions that I do, I always opt for my Rimmel Natural Bronzer to give my cheekbones a subtle definition. To highlight my cheeks, I tend to use Elf's Baked Blush in Peachy Cheeky to add a faint luminosity to my cheeks, which in turn gives my complexion a natural glow. 



In recent times, I found myself becoming fonder of applying eyeliner to my upper lash line. On the (increasingly frequent) occasions I choose to do this, I use one of two different products. If I've got a bit of time on my hands, I tend to use the black Cream Eyeliner from Elf and apply it to my upper lash line using a thin eyeliner brush to create perfect precision. However, if I'm running a bit short of time, a speedy alternative is Soap & Glory's Supercat Eyeliner Pen. This is essentially a felt tip eyeliner, making ease of application second to none. 



Finally are my three favoured lip products. First up is the Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Rosy Nude, a soft rosy red which is perfect for adding a slight pop of pigmentation to the lips. Barry M's lip gloss, on the other hand, has a much more natural, nude-toned finish and works absolute wonders at adding a sheer glaze to the lips. Finally is the Colorstay Ultimate Suede lipstick from Revlon in the shade Socialite. This is day-to-day lip colour and is my ultimate 'your lips but better' lipstick.

Thank you for reading today's post. I hope you enjoyed delving into the contents of my makeup bag! This post also marks the end of my autumn series so I hope that you've enjoyed that on the whole too! 

What's in your makeup bag?

Lucy x 


Comments

  1. That makeup bag is so cute! The bag I'm currently using is also from primark. I love that place! xx

    alisha-jade.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I know right, Primark is the best! X

      Delete
  2. love the make up bag! ahh and love that first revlon lipstick! also, real techniques brushes are life!!! i'm so gonna buy that concealer palette as well... haha

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cute! Glad you liked the featured products! X

      Delete

Post a Comment