Fall into Autumn | Skincare Saviours

May I start this post by apologising for my absence last Sunday; I seemed to acquire a rather large case of writer's block and to be completely honest, I just needed a day off. However, I'm back to my eager blogging self now and have managed to prepare a post for you! 

During the autumn time, my skin is my biggest nemesis; it becomes dry and chapped, making it extremely vulnerable to soreness when the frost kicks in. So today I thought I'd share with you my skincare saviours for the autumn season. Enjoy!


A few of these products (namely both of the Soap & Glory ones) were mentioned in last weeks post but I suppose I love them too much not to mention them once again. For those of you whose hands become increasingly chapped as the temperature cools, I highly recommend trying out Soap & Glory's Hand Food. I've been using this for years now and my hands and nails are entirely reliant on it to help nourish them through the cooler seasons. It even comes in a mini tube too which is perfect for popping in your handbag on those Christmas shopping trips (and any other excursions you may happen to venture out on!)  
Next up is another pink packaged product from the one and only Soap & Glory. This is (of course) the Righteous Butter, another product which was mentioned in last weeks autumn essentials post (repetitive much?!) However, I just can't rave about this enough. It's superbly nourishing on dry skin, helps prevent your skin from falling back into its bad, chapped habits and finally, the smell is quite frankly irresistible.
Joules' body care range has also been a recurring product in my skincare routine. My favourite of the range has to be the Lovely Scrubbly Body Scrub, which works wonders at removing dry skin and leaving the remainders feeling sumptuously smooth. 
Another Joules product that I've been adoring is their Really Refreshing Body Wash. This is a gorgeous grapefruit-scented gel which leaves your skin smelling absolutely divine! 


I also use an exfoliator on my face to remove any dry or chapped skin. For this I use my trusty Gentle Exfoliating Scrub from Nivea to help buff away any dryness and keep my skin feeling silky smooth. In conjunction with this, I also use Nivea's Refreshing Facial Wash Gel. This does an excellent job of cleansing the skin to help keep it feeling fresh and hydrated throughout the day.
Next up are some lip products from (you've guessed it) Nivea. I've recently been adoring their Caramel Cream Lip Butter; not only does it smell divine, it keeps your lips thoroughly nourished for what seems like days! Their Milk & Honey Chapstick also has a similarly nurturing effect. 
To help keep my face moisturised when the weather gets rough, I rely on my three holy-grail facial creams from Nivea (no surprise there!) The first is their Express Hydration Primer which works amazingly at helping keep base makeup set all day through as well as keeping the skin below hydrated to the max. To help keep my face moisturised in general, I also use the Rich Moisturising Day Cream which provides SPF15 to the delicate facial skin as well as keeping it as moisturised as possible throughout the day. Then, for night time, I always reach for my Rich Regenerating Night Cream, a luxuriously divine cream which leaves your skin feeling heavenly smooth. 

I hope you enjoyed today's post. What are your skincare saviours for the autumn/winter seasons? 

Lucy x 

Comments

  1. Lovely post, I love soap & glory's hand food it smells amazing! x

    lauren-anna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the post! skin care is one of the things i have yet to learn most about! always wanted to try soap & glory products so i've written yours down on a list ;)

    x

    http://robberscorner.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you enjoyed the post! You won't regret buying anything from Soap & Glory, trust me! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and I am so happy I did. I was given a huge collection of the soap and glory presents as a thank you gift and they are all divine. How well do you think the nivea primer is for dry skin? Only I used to have the one for dry skin but I just found that as soon as I applied my makeup it made my makeup go into clumps and fall off. You've convinced me to try it out again though so fingers crossed it works! x

    http://livitolson.blogspot.co.uk/ (p.s. any tips for new bloggers)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely, thank you! Ooh, lucky you, I always love receiving Soap & Glorg products- they're wonderful!
      I personally don't suffer from dry skin so am not 100% certain what effect the primer would have on it.. However, I do find it to be reasonably hydrating so hopefully it should keep your skin nice and moisturised! Lucy x

      Delete

Post a Comment