Fall into Autumn | Autumn Favourites

Whilst brainstorming inspiration for today's post (writer's block is a pain in the neck!), it suddenly occurred to me that I haven't done a favourites post for several months now...oops! So to make up for the lack of that, as part of my autumn series, I'll be sharing with you my autumn favourites. I will caution you now that today's post could be slightly lengthy as I have oh-so-many products to rave about! 

Bath and Body: 



By the time autumn comes around, my skin becomes incredibly chapped and needs excessive moisturising to keep it sumptuous and smooth. Autumn also calls for many a bath, hence the scattering of bath products in the above picture. 


The first of my bath and body favourites just had to be this Bath Bubbly from Bomb Cosmetics. This produces fresh, fragrant bubbles which are divine to bathe in. 


Soap & Glory's Righteous Butter has been my holy-grail moisturiser for quite some time now and there are so many reasons why. First thing's first, who doesn't love the cute and pink packaging that this divine butter is encased in?! But the body butter itself is the real winner. It has a sleek, satiny texture which leaves your skin hydrated and silky to the touch.

It's hardly a surprise that another Soap & Glory product had to feature on this list. This time it's their Hand Food, which again has been my go-to hand cream for several years. You can see for yourself that the packaging is rather stunning but let me tell you now that the product inside is equally so. Similarly to the Righteous Butter, the moisturiser has a delicately luxurious texture which leaves your hands feeling completely replenished. Not to mention the sweet marshmallow scent which lingers (in a nice way) for hours on end.


We then have another body lotion (can you tell just how chapped my skin gets yet?!) but this time it's not from Soap & Glory (shock horror, I know!) This is in fact a product of Bath & Body Works, a brand which is unfortunately pretty hard to get hold of for British residents. However, my friend brought this back from America as a holiday gift and I'm just going to get on and say it: I'm in love. This has a gorgeously delicate scent which clings to your skin, producing a divine essence which remains for hours. 


The final of my bath and body favourites is this cute little Christmas tree bath fizzer from Bomb Cosmetics. I actually purchased this in the summer sales as a whole tonne of Christmas products were available at a fraction of the price. I'm yet to actually use this as Christmas does just seem a bit of a stretch too far currently, but I can tell from the festive fragrance that it's going to be heavenly! 


Bits and Bobs:



This next little subsection is a bit of a random assortment of products I adore to make use of during the Autumn season. 


The first item had to be winter-scented candles. Let's face it, this wouldn't be an Autumn favourites list without them. My love affair with the Yankee Sugared Apple Candle has been rekindled this year with the purchase of yet another extra large jar. This is such a gorgeously warm yet crisp scent, which is my ultimate aroma for boosting your Christmas spirit. 'Snow Fall' has a similarly Christmassy effect but with a much fresher, festive twist. 


Sparkly nail varnishes have made a dramatic return to my fingertips recently and I am just loving their presence. Barry M's 'Pink Silver Glitter' is essentially just as the name describes it; a dazzling amethyst shade complete with plenty of sparkle. Another Barry M nail varnish that I absolutely adore is 'Christmas Gold', a limited edition sparkling gold which oozes glitz and glamour. Barry M's Denim is a really snazzy shimmering navy which is perfectly suited for an evening out. Finally we have 'Magpie' from Topshop which is a gorgeous taupe-toned gold which accompanies some whoppingly large sparkles. 


Makeup: 


When it comes to autumn makeup, I become slightly more adventurous with the looks I create. For this, I use an array of items, many of which are featured in this post. 


A product that's almost at the top of my makeup favourites is the Lippy Kit Four from Ted Baker. Complete with four deep burgundy shades and a topcoat to set those in place, this palette is my ultimate key to achieving the autumn trend of deep crimson lips. The tiny brush allows for perfect precision and all the colours are powerfully pigmented with an equally powerful staying power. 


Next up is a lipstick that's been featured on my blog in several posts. It is of course the Revlon Colourburst Lipstick in the shade 'Rosy Nude'. This is my go-to lip colour when I want a slightly deeper pigmentation to my lips. It has tremendous staying power and I can honestly say that I shall be repurchasing this as long as it exists. 


The Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation is actually a pretty recent addition to my makeup collection but it has already proved itself to be a firm favourite. The shade I picked out is almost identical to my skin colour and doesn't have any unappealing orangey undertones which can really distort the appearance of your complexion. It gives quite dense coverage without making your skin look too caked in makeup and although I haven't been able to wear this for 25 hours, for the 12 hours that I have, I've been really impressed with how well this foundation stays on the skin. 


Yet another Rimmel product which has recently wormed it's way into my makeup collection is the Wonder'Full mascara. This has a large, dense brush which aids in the achievement of bold and lengthy lashes. It stays put all day with no major smudging yet is an absolute dream to remove at the end of the day. 


As we all know too well, Elf really is one of those hit and miss brands. However, in my opinion, their Baked Blush in 'Peachy Cheeky' is a massive hit. This is essentially a blush and highlight in one which produces a natural-looking glow to the cheekbones in one swift sweep. 


Another hit from Elf (in my opinion anyway), is their Cream Eyeliner. If you've been reading my blog for quite some time now, you're likely to have gathered that I'm a bit of a failure when it comes to application of eyeliner on my upper lash line. However, this has been the solution to all my problems. You can essentially use any width of brush with this product (depending on how bold you want the eyeliner to be) and simply sweep it across your lids to create the perfect winged eye. Easy? I believe so. 


I've recently switched up my eyeliner colours from black to brown and have been adoring the results. It still gives your eyes the definition they need without making them look overexaggerated or too bold. To achieve this more subtle look, I either use the Models Own kohl liner or the equivalent from Rimmel London. 

I, being the complete idiot I am, somehow forgot to photograph my final favourites, so apologies on behalf of my cognitive skills. Anyway, last but not least are my Real Techniques Starter Set for eyes. After falling head over heels with their Core Collection, I finally gave into my desires and purchased another set. In the kit are five dainty eyeshadow brushes, all of equally fantastic quality and value. I shan't go into much more detail as I hope to post a full-fledged review on these sometime in the near future! 

Anyway, I won't bore you too much longer as, if you've read to the end of this post, then you're likely to be feeling pretty worn out! If you have read to the end of this post, I appreciate your patience tremendously so thank you for reading! What are your autumn favourites so far? 

Lucy x 

Comments