Holiday Essentials | Make-up

As you may well know, last week I relaxed and rested on a six night seaside holiday with some good friends and family. Of course, one of my favourite things about summer holidays is experimenting with different make up looks as well as recreating old favourites. In this post, I'm going to show you my staple make up pieces for holiday as well as a few statement bits and bobs. Enjoy! 

Face: 


For me, products such as foundation and powder are possibly the most important in my make up bag. They provide a strong base as well as smoothing out your skin and concealing any impurities. However, when I'm holiday, foundation can be a bit of a faff and can often feel heavy or cakey on your skin. Therefore I tend to only use my Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in the evenings, when the sun is less dehydrating. Instead, during the daytime, I've recently been opting for my Nivea BB Cream which works almost identically to a foundation but gives slightly less coverage, thus looking much more natural. Furthermore, because BB creams also act as moisturisers, they are perfect for keeping skin hydrated and fresh throughout those scorching summer days. As well as my BB cream, I also regularly use the Complete Coverage Concealer palette from Elf to conceal any spots or imperfections scattered around my skin. To set all of this base make up, I then use the Natural Collection Pressed Powder which also helps to ensure that my skin stays matte for the duration of the day. 

Cheeks and Contouring: 


Being pale can be pretty tough in the summertime; as everybody else is strolling around with bronzed bodies and you're stuck in a cycle of constant pastyness. During these months, I have to fake a golden glow and tend to use bronzing pearls to create this. Using my Real Techniques Contour Brush, I delicately apply Natural Collection Bronzing Pearls to the apples of my cheekbones to produce a wonderfully natural-looking glimmer. Throughout the summer, I also struggle with having constant beetroot-red skin due to overheating, which of course shows up tremendously badly on light skin. Therefore, I tend not to wear blusher during the daytime and instead opt for either my Natural Collevtion blush in the shade 'Pink Cloud' or my Elf Baked Blush in the shade 'Peachy Cheeky' to obtain a subtle glow to my cheeks during the evening. My final contouring essential would have to be So Susan's Water-based Luminizer. This product is extremely versatile and can be worn over the top of matte blushers to produce a gorgeous gleam or simply on their own in order to give a subtle (but noticeable) luminosity to the skin. 

Eyes: 


Eye makeup is another staple piece of my cosmetic kit, as I find that even the tiniest bit of it can completely brighten and uplift the face. However, during the summer, I tend to stick for minimal products on my eyes as it can often be splashed off in the sea or smudge due to the heat. Therefore, in the daytime, I tend to only wear a few coats of my waterproof The Rocket mascara from Maybelline along with a quick lining of my waterline with a Models Own kohl pencil in black. The other products, such as Soap and Glory's Supercat eyeliner, the Bobbypin palette, and my eyeshadow pot from Helen E, are usually utilised more in the evenings, to create more dramatic and less simplistic looks. 

Lips: 


During the summer months, I'm all about nude or pastel shades for the lips, so was rather surprised when I rediscovered by Bobbypin berry lip gloss and absolutely adored its deep burgundy undertones. Although it looks somewhat autumnal, it is a gorgeously rich shade, perfectly suited for meals out in the evenings. I also continuously wore one of my old favourites, which is one of Revlon's Colorburst lipsticks in the shade 'Rosy Nude'. The reason I adore this so much is because it enhances my natural lip colour so beautifully and therefore doesn't make my makeup look too overdone, something which bright lipsticks can often do. Another Revlon product that I sported almost daily was the shade 'Socialite' from the Ultimate Suede collection. This lipstick feels so velvety on the lips and produces a charmingly subtle pink tint. Pretty much all of the lipsticks I wore on holiday were pale pink tones, and included the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in the shade 101, and two chubby sticks from So Susan and Elf. Chubby sticks are my ultimate obsession currently, as they're so easy to apply yet produce a surprisingly pigmented result. 
Swatches of all are provided below: 



Thank you ever so much for reading this post- I hope you enjoyed it! What are your holiday makeup essentials? 

Lucy x 

Comments