Beauty Wishlist | Summer 2014

Wow, it seems like a while since I've done a wishlist (hence why so many desired items have built up) so here's a little summer edition: 


1. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation, £31
 Yes, I am fully aware that £31 is a pretty grand price for a foundation, and no, I don't know from personal experience that the product itself actually suits this hefty pricetag. However, a large proportion of the online beauty society have praised this product and almost all of the articles I've read have been more raves than reviews! From what I can grasp from what I've read, the foundation produces a gorgeous dewey effect to enhance your natural skin tone and combination. 

2. Soap&Glory 'Love at First Blush' Multi-shade Blushing Powder, £11
Let's be honest here, the packaging is almost as gorgeous as the product itself. Suited up in a trademark pink compact case, fitted with a mirror to match its elegance, this little blush palette is packed with an array of gorgeous pink-toned blushes and highlighters, which can be combined to create your desired shade. 

3. NARS Blush in the shade Oasis, £22.50
NARS is possibly the most popular brand around when it comes to high-end blushes. Not only are they gorgeously pigmented, they also have a spectacular staying power, proving them worthy of the slightly out of reach pricetag. After much debate (and masses of umming and ahhing), I finally settled on my ideal NARS blush: the shade Oasis. It is a gorgeous pink shade, with slightly darker undertones of burgundy and pomegranate, making it the perfect colour for transition into autumn. 

4. KIKO Glow Touch Lips & Cheeks in the shade Heavy Honeysuckle, £6.90
Another cheek product?! I'm sure you're not surprised! After seeing Gabriella (from velvetgh0st) rave about these in her Kiko haul, I've been desperate to try them out. For a start, the packaging is to die for, but apparently the product itself exceeds this wonderful presentation. Due to its lipbalm-esque formula, it is easily blendable, producing a pigmented- but natural- glow. 

5. MAC Lipstick in Crème Cup, £15.50
Although I've been lusting over MACs extensive array of lipsticks for quite some time now, I am still yet to actually make a purchase- possibly due to the fact that there is way too much choice, but also because £15 seems quite a lot to be forking out on a lipstick. Crème Cup is possibly one of the most raved about shades from their lipstick collection, and I am yet to find a negative review regarding it. The shade itself is summery to say the least, but is suitable for every season due to its nude undertones, making it perfectly versatile. 

6. Barry M Gelly Nail Effects in Blueberry, £3.99
Technically, 'blueberry' isn't the only shade from this widespread collection that I would adore to be the owner of, but as this is the colour I've actually seen people wear (and pull off), I'm pretty adamant that I want it. I must admit that I do already own a rather vast amount of Barry M nail polishes (which basically proves my trust of them) but hey, what harm will another one or two do?! 

7. Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint and Precision Pencil, £10
Yet another product that everyone seems to be raving about- yes, I read far too many reviews! I often struggle with the shade and colour of my eyebrows; they're either too sparse, or much too harsh on my pale skin, but after swatching this at Boots the other day, I now realise this is exactly what I've been searching for! The product consists of a tinted brow felt-tip nib to create thin and natural-appearing lines, alongside a shaping pencil to produce a precise arch to your brows. 

8. Rimmel Match Perfection Illuminating Concealer, £5.99
I'm a huge fan of the Match Perfection collection from Rimmel; as you may well know, the foundation is my holy grail face product and as I love it so much, I'm rather eager to test out the matching concealer. The foundation produces a somewhat dewey effect, so I am hopeful that the concealer would produce a similarly natural effect. Just like the foundation, it is also said that the concealer has wonderful stay-power, making it perfect for scorching summer days. 

9. Benefit They're Real Mascara, £19.50
And of course, this just had to be the last product on my wishlist. Several weeks ago now, I was privileged enough to test this out at a beauty event at Debenhams and was honestly astounded by the result: it genuinely produced a flawless false-lash effect! Ever since, I've been debating whether or not to purchase this as it did prove rather difficult to remove and forking out for a speciality remover does seem like a bit of a faff. But who knows- never say never! 

Thank you for reading this post- I hope you enjoyed it! What's on your beauty wishlist this summer? 

Lucy x 


Comments