Real Techniques Brushes | Review

After reading numerous reviews on these brushes, praising them for being 'miraculous' and 'simply the best', I decided to take the plunge and finally ordered some of these wonderous items for myself. Some people may consider Real Techniques brushes to be slightly on the pricey side and to some extent I agree. Yes, £20 for four brushes can be a bit harsh on a tight budget, but for the quality and overall finish of them, I believe they are superb value.


The collection of brushes that I decided to purchase was the Core Collection, consisting of a foundation brush, detailer brush, contour brush and a buffing brush. The reason I chose this particular set over the Starter Kit for eyes was purely because I tend to wear more base make up than I do eye make up so it seemed like the most logical decision to make. 


The first out of the four brushes is the tiny little detailer brush, which is suggested for use with concealer and/or eyeshadow. I currently use this brush to apply small amounts of concealer in all the necessary places, and it seriously works magic. Who would have thought that a brush so minuscule could mask my skin's imperfections and flaws so brilliantly! 


The foundation brush is essentially a larger version of the detailer brush, just with a slightly different usage. This brush is ideal for applying and blending liquid foundation and I have occasionally used it for the application of concealer under my eyes too. It blends the foundation thoroughly to achieve a gorgeously flawless finish. 


The contour brush has a similarly flawless effect when used to apply powdered bronzer or blusher. It sweeps really naturally and reaches all the cracks and crevices in your cheekbones thanks to the expertly domed tip! I haven't yet attempted to use this with cream blush but I have heard that it works just as wonderfully. 


The brush from the collection that I'm possibly most enamoured with is the buffing brush. No matter what product you adopt to use this with, the result is always to the same impeccably perfect standard. It is suggested for use with mineral foundations and powder, however I have used it with liquid foundation too, which works absolute wonders.


Thank you for reading. I hope that you enjoyed this post and that it may have inspired you to have a cheeky splurge too! Which make up brushes do you love best? 
Lucy x 


Comments