My Favourite Mascaras



It's been a while and I send my deepest apologies for the lack of posting that has been occurring recently. Anyway, I'm back this week with a post about my five favourite drugstore mascaras- I hope you enjoy it!



My most favourite of the five would have to be the Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express, a product which many beauty bloggers and even some make up artists have been raving about. This mascara is wonderful due to its deep pigmentation and its ability to be so long lasting that it can actually be rather difficult to remove! When bought brand new, some clumping can occasionally occur but this tends to ease slightly with every use. I currently own the waterproof version of this mascara but I believe it is also available in a 'Very Black' shade for those wanting to enhance their lashes further. At a retail price of £7.99 (available in most cosmetic stores such as boots and superdrug), I believe that this mascara is extremely good value. 



My next preferred is probably the Avon SuperShock Mascara in black. Available on the Avon website for just £8.50, this is also an amazing alternative to some high end mascaras. The mascara has a wonderful effect on my lashes, fanning them out in all the right directions and elongating them a considerable amount. It's hard to find a flaw in the overall appearance of the mascara when applied, however a few hours after application, I do often end up with black smudges under my eyes, so a waterproof  version would be ideal! Despite that, I still think it is an affordable duplicate of some high-end branded mascaras. 



Another firm favourite of mine is the Barry M 3 in 1 mascara, which retails at an astonishingly cheap price of just £6.19. It claims to do three essential things: volumise, lengthen and curl. After applying to my lashes, I did notice a considerable difference in the appearance of my lashes as they did seem to be much more voluminous and slightly elongated. However, I tend to use this mascara solely on my bottom lashes as it it gives a clump-free look and because the coat is so light, it avoids the lashes from looking too spidery. 


Fourthly is the Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara from Rimmel London. I purchased this a few months ago purely out of curiosity as a lot of my friends had been raving about it. It did live up to some of my expectations as the thick brush gives wonderfully defined and extended lashes due to the jet black pigmentation of the mascara. However, because the brush is so broad and bushy, it clumps quite easily so it is best to apply just a few light coats in order to avoid any clusters. However, with a price of £6.99, this mascara is extremely affordable and pretty good value too. 


Last of all is probably the cheapest mascara that I have reviewed today. It is the Collection 2000 Longer Lash Lengthening Mascara, which retails for just £2.99, making it a super cheap alternative to the higher-priced drugstore brands. You may be thinking that with a price that low, there has to be a few faults but you're almost completely wrong. Application is made super easy due to the compact and accentuated brush and the overall effect achieved by it  is pretty decent regarding the price of the product. It is hard to acquire a volumised look with such a thin brush but that just means it's perfect for a natural looking (and feeling) mascara. 

Thank you for taking the time to listen to me drone about mascaras- I really appreciate it. Feel free to comment below if you have a burning desire to!

What are your favourite mascaras? Lucy x 

Comments